A bit too tart with lemon. Next time I would make this with orange:
- 2 ½ pounds fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- In a saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar, orange zest, orange juice and water. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium-low heat for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thick. It will thicken more as it cools.
- Ladle into hot sterile jars, and seal with lids and rings and process for 10 minutes.